Sunday, March 10, 2019

Peer Review

This week, I had a peer review session with my classmates - Isabelle, Ben, and Arianna. 

Isabelle explained to us how she is going to do her baking magazine. She emphasized how she loves baking in her free time so that influenced her decision to do that type of magazine. We talked about how when she bakes, she should take pictures of the various processes she goes through to get to her final product. She can use these, as well as her final product, as pictures in her magazine. 

Ben talked to us about the drama film opening he is going to make. It's going to be about kids that go into the forest, get lost, and something happens to them. We realized that there wasn't much to his story-line so we brainstormed to try and help him think of ways to make it more interesting. I thought that he should make a reason for the kids to go into the forest so an example I suggested was for them to go on a camping trip alone for the first time. He thought it was a great idea and wrote it down for future reference. 

Arianna told us about the film opening she was designing that started out with a fight scene in a parking lot that led the main character to be hospitalized. It was hard to understand at first but once she explained how cars were going to be parked with crowds around the fight, it made a lot more sense to me. She was also planning to have the main character wake up in a hospital room to set up the story-line for the rest of them film.

I told the group that I was going to create a healthy food magazine. I explained how I loved eating healthy and that was my motive for choosing to make this type of magazine. I asked for ideas of what to do with my double-page spread. I was thinking of doing an article that went along with a recipe that the reader can try on their own. They gave me suggestions such as an interview with questions and answers relating to the type of food that the recipe was in. I will take their feedback into consideration in making my final decisions. 

This peer review session was very productive and I'm happy we all got to help each other with our projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR