Friday, March 8, 2019

Images make a big difference!


Images are very important in magazines as they let the audience have a visual to go along with what they are reading. They get the reader's attention and tell a story, even better than any written block of text can communicate. A variety of images are displayed throughout magazines so that everyone can find a picture they like whether it’s on the cover, in the table of contents, in an article, or on the back. Images allow the audience to connect with what they are reading as they are seeing things that happen in real life.


Images help get the audience engaged so they want to read on and see what goes along with it. If it’s a picture that goes along with an article, this gets people to read the article that accompanies it.


Images convey a message in a quick manner. For example, if a reader sees a picture of a famous family cooking together, they know a lot of information such as the who, what, and where without reading a single word of the article that goes along with it.


Images improves understanding and nonverbal communication. Photographically strong bonds are dynamic, emotional, and timeless. With 93% of all human communication being non-verbal, combining visual elements with well-written text is an excellent way for marketers to capture the imagination of their target audience.

Images increase engagement by creating a favorable perception for the audience.  Humans are conditioned to make snap judgments, sometimes on a subconscious level. A professional appearance, including a well-taken photograph displaying a product or service in context, builds trust.

Images drive sales.  There is a direct link between utilizing high-quality images in marketing and the growth of sales. Photographs help consumers visualize themselves using a product or service and allows them to imagine it improving their life in some way.

Since I am a visual person, I love seeing things to go along with what I am reading, analyzing, etc. I am going to include images in my magazine as that would be what I would want to see if I was reading it. To be honest, I don't think I've ever fully read a magazine article the whole way through if it didn't have pictures on it. I get bored easily and keep flipping pages to find ones that have pictures. Especially in food magazines, the way information is presented plays a big role in attracting the target audience. For example, I’d rather look at an article with a picture of a freshly made meal over one that’s just text with no pictures.

Here is a brainstorming list I made of some pictures that I can include in my magazine. I used the food pyramid as inspiration to keep me on the healthy track.
- Acai bowl
- Salad
- Smoothie
- Eggs
- Salmon
- Fruit
- Wrap
- Chicken Bowl
- Vegetables

I'll decide on what pictures I will use when I figure out what will go best with the story and cover I will make.






Resources:

“10 Reasons Why Photography Is Crucial In Modern Marketing.” Digitalist Magazine, Digitalist Magazine, www.digitalistmag.com/customer-experience/2016/10/03/10-reasons-why-photography-is-crucial-in-modern-marketing-04526510.


“The Importance of Pictures in Your Stories.” Public Relations Sydney, 26 May 2015, publicrelationssydney.com.au/the-importance-of-pictures-in-your-stories-2/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR