Sunday, March 24, 2019

Second Peer Review

In class this week, I did another peer review with my classmates Daniela, Mariana, and Elizabeth. They were different than the ones from my last peer review session so we could all share new ideas.

Daniela is doing a film opening about a girl running away with her boyfriend. The beginning of the film is going to start with her planning and packing her escape. After that, there is going to be a school scene of her and her boyfriend talking about where they are going to go. The beginning of the film will end with her and her boyfriend getting into the car and turning it on right before they leave. Daniela asked us how we can help her make the girl look edgy. We told her that she can wear all black and use colored hair extensions to give her the look Daniela wants. She also wanted ideas on how she can put her credits in an artistic way. We suggested that she can put it on a mirror in black sharpie or red lipstick.

Mariana is also doing a film opening will an intense story. It’s going to be about a girl growing up in a low income family. Her dad abused and then killed the girls mother. Following, he abuses her and she ends up killing him. She gets sent to death row and right before she dies, she gets interviewed by people working at the jail. The beginning of the movie will be of the interview and starting the process before death. She started filming but has had some troubles so she’s planning to finish filming this upcoming week. She told us how her dad is an actor and has helped her tremendously.

Elizabeth is doing a travel magazine for Miami. She has visited various places and took pictures at all of them. She showed us the template she is going to use and told us that the name of her magazine is going to be SEEKER. She wants the magazine to be simple in writing with a lot of pictures to look at. She asked us what she should do for her double page spread and we told her that she should show how there’s a lot to do in Miami so it can be for everyone. She can portray this by saying that for the art lovers there’s Wynwood walls, for the nature lovers there’s beaches, for the food lovers there’s many restaurants, etc.

I told my group that I am doing a healthy food magazine entitled Cook It Up. I then explained how my double page spread was going to be about breakfast being the most important meal of the day. I showed them layouts that I’m going to use and they thought it fit my magazine well. I shared mine asked for their thoughts on what I should make and include recipes for. We all agreed that I should keep my three recipes as planned with the açaí bowl as the cover.

This session was very helpful and I’m glad that I had to chance to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR