Thursday, March 21, 2019

Editing

Editing is very important to the magazine making process. It allows me to make sure that what I am making will appeal to my target audience and make them want to keep reading it. 

I edited the pictures once I uploaded them to Canva. When editing, I made sure to look back at my research to remember how to get my pictures to look the best they can. To do this, I played with the brightness, contrast, saturation, tint, vignette, blur, and X-Process. I edited them once I put them onto the page so that I could see what looked best in relation to where the image was placed. 

I also realized that I never added page numbers to my magazine so I did so when editing. I was also planning on putting the website with the page number but decided on not doing so as it would be too much information in one little corner of the page. I put all of the page numbers in the bottom right corner of every page. 

I decided that the order I wanted my recipes to be in for my double-page spreads and main article was the acaĆ­ bowl first so the reader could recognize it from the cover page, then the avocado toast, and last the peanut butter and granola apples. When placing the pictures in the order I wanted them in, I had to flip the picture of the apples horizontally so I would have room on the left side of them for the ingredients and directions of the recipe. 

After rethinking the distribution of my magazine, I want it to be featured on websites that have free magazines as well as being on its own website and displayed in supermarkets as it is a food magazine. I think that having it on websites that have free magazines will get a lot of online viewers who may not have seen it otherwise. When browsing magazines online, my target audience looks at many at once to stay up to date on all information. When they look at free magazine websites, they will see my magazine featured and click on it as soon as they see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR