Thursday, March 28, 2019

Working on the Double Page Spread

When working on my double page spread, I chose to put the ingredients and directions to make the recipes in a different font that would allow me to bold the title. 

I decided to add an explanation point to emphasize the title of the main article. I made sure to change it on my cover and in my table of contents as well. 

For the title of each of the ingredients, I chose to highlight the name of the recipe with a color that related to it. I used navy blue for the acaí bowl to highlight the blueberries, a cream-yellowish color for the peanut butter granola apple bites to highlight the granola on the apples, and green for the avocado toast to highlight the avocado. 

I chose to use three columns when writing my article with information on the health benefits of eating breakfast. I used the research I previously did to write the article. I included a little description under the title of what the article was going to be about. I also put the name of the author who write the article under the description.

I decided to add a star to each of the recipes to show how healthy each of the recipes I decided to include are. I made the star in the same color that I highlighted the title of each of the recipes with.

Once again, I made this as well as the rest of my magazine on Canva. I am happy with how it has been working for me. I really like how there are grids and alignments when I am placing texts and objects onto a page.

For the ingredients and how to make each recipe, I made the title of each bold so the reader can see where one starts. I also put them shaped around the main image. For example, for the acaí bowl, I put it on the counter top where there was white space. For the peanut butter granola apple bites, I put it on the cutting board where there was plain red space. For the avocado toast, I also put it on the counter top where there was once again white space. I made sure that the font was easily legible so anyone can read and remake the recipe. I also made sure my directions were in the step-by-step format(best way according to my previous research) and thorough so they're easy to follow. I also had the text of the avocado toast wrap around the image to create a stylistic look. 

Here's what I have so far.






No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR