Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Working on the Table of Contents

I decided to make my table of contents one page because I felt as though I only needed to include the main articles. If the reader wanted to see what else the magazine had to offer, they can flip though and look if they had time to browse. If not, they can look at the main articles and see where they are from the table of contents. 

When previously looking at layouts for table of contents' on Canva, I liked one (picture below) that had the left side with information and the right with little things that together made one great picture. When making my big picture, I didn't spread out all of the little things as well as I should have, hence why the top and bottom is plain countertop. Even though it could have looked better, it still works. 

I kept as well as changed some things from the layout I chose to use. I liked how it said "your guide to issue No. 1" so I added that to my table of contents. I also liked how the page numbers were big and then the title of the article was below with a little description telling the reader what it will be about when they flipped to the page it was on. I didn't include the website of the magazine as it would be too cluttered in the bottom corner of the page with the font thatI chose to use. I changed the font to go with the same one I'm using throughout the magazine, except the one used for the masthead. Lastly, I changed the articles and made my own descriptions for each of them. 

Here's what I have so far. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR